Search for the Elemental Plume
You must use the Beastman Tables to generate your character’s appearance.
Ability Score Increase. Increase one stat by 2 and another by 1. Beastmen each have their talents, but no generalizations can be made about the race as a whole.
Alignment. Beastmen tend towards chaotic alignments, but there are never any guarantees.
Size. If you are 4’ tall or less, your size is Small. Otherwise, your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet if you are Medium, or 25 feet if you are Small.
Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
Beastly Gift You have ONE of the following features:
- Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest. You may only choose this feature if you are Small.
- Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your speed toward a hostile creature that you can see. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Bite. Your strong jaws give you a bite attack (melee, 1d6 damage (1d4 if Small)). You can choose to inject your target with poison after hitting with your bite; the target must make a Constitution saving throw, the DC for which is 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier. The target takes 2d6 poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level. Once you have used the poison, you cannot use it again until you finish a long rest.
- Keen Smell. You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- Keen Sight. You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Keen Hearing. You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Beastman. The Beastman language contains the roots of Goblin, Orcish, and Giant, and you can communicate simple concepts, with difficulty, with native speakers of these languages who are willing to talk. Beastman has its own pictographic script.